Breakfast for the Brain® Capsules
Breakfast for the Brain® Formulation employs a broad spectrum of neurochemical precursors, coenzyme factors and a unique delivery system for nutrient uptake; providing a more immediate balancing of brain chemistry and its function, helping to normalize hypothalamic transmissions.100% Natural vitamins and essential amino acids and antioxidants active ingredients with no fillers.
Increases Energy, Focus and Memory.May relieve symptoms of Hangover, Anxiety, Menopausal Issues, Sadness & Confidence.
Take 1-3 capsules daily or as needed/Directed by your healthcare professional.
- Additional information
- Reviews (1)
• “The essential principle to overall physical and emotional well-being is that of balancing the body’s biological (gut) and the biochemical (brain) terrain, and recognizing that these are inextricably intertwined – one cannot be fully accomplished without the other.”
• Quote by the late Dr. Ralph Weiss, ND, DC, Blood Chemist, Medford, OR; Consulting Scientist for Prescript-Assist (May 1993) and Breakfast for the Brain (April 1996).
• BTFB provides a unique and proprietary combination of both neurotransmitter precursors and coenzymes, which are designed to support a robust, healthy nervous system, particularly in the brain.
• Developed initially in 1996, BFTB anticipated by more than 20 years the current scientific community’s concept of the gut-brain axis and its a multidimensional approach for addressing emotional and mental health conditions.
• Electrify Your Gut-Brain Axis …
• Awaken Your Consciousness …
• Focus Your Thinking …
• Renew Your Hope…
• Create Your Highway to Health!
•Dr. Anna Esparham, MD, Board-Certified Pediatrician at the University of Kansas Program in Integrative Medicine, Kansas City, KS, describes the gut-brain axis in its simplest terms, and how it functions in a perfect world:
• “Imagine a bidirectional highway between your gut and your brain. The cars and trucks on the highway are called neurotransmitters. These neurotransmitters are the biologic messengers of the gut and the brain. There is serotonin, which is the feel-good neurotransmitter; and dopamine, which is your motivator neurotransmitter; and GABA, which is your calming neurotransmitter. These are just a few of the neurotransmitters.”
• “Neurotransmitters aren’t just made in the brain; they are also manufactured in the gut. And how do we make them? Through the protein that we eat! That’s why we need to eat well-balanced meals so that we can get the protein we need to help keep our nervous system in balance.”
• “Proteins break down into amino acids in the gut. And these amino acids are the precursors to neurotransmitters. But that’s not all we need to make neurotransmitters. We also need vitamins and minerals; otherwise, our neurotransmitters run out of gas. The most common vitamins and minerals we need to help make neurotransmitters include Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, magnesium, and zinc.”
• “So to sum up, we need healthy protein at every meal, as well as whole foods, such as legumes, squash, greens, cruciferous vegetables and fruits, to provide the necessary vitamins and minerals to support the nervous system.”
• We spoke with Dr. Esparham and discussed what happens to this otherwise perfect world of protein conversion after drug interventions—especially antibiotics.
• She agreed that antibiotics adversely impact gut microbiota, resulting in a poor food-to-nutrient conversion ratio, often leading to weight gain in the form of body fat.
• According to Dr. Esparham: “Recent scientific studies have detected a possible link between antibiotic use in childhood and weight gain—with disruption to the normal gut microbiota considered the most likely cause.”
• Millions suffer from mental health disorders which may be attributed to poor gut health and poor dietary choices.
• A healthy and robust gut microbiota equates to optimal brain function and quality of life. Medical science is just beginning to understand the critical role of gut microbiota in our daily life. According to Dr.
• David Perlmutter, MD, in his book Brain Maker (Publisher: Little, Brown and Company, April 2015), brain health begins in the gut: “Not only do gut microbes influence the environment in your body, but they contribute to that environment by producing certain chemicals that affect the health of the brain and the entire nervous system.”
• Compromised gut microbiota lead to the incomplete or the faulty assimilation of nutrients across the gut mucosa.
• Amino acids (brain food precursors) and other nutrients will not as effectively make that trip up the highway to your brain! Arguably, an array of brain dysfunctions may arise from such shortfalls: ADD, ADHD, depression, food cravings, lack of energy, even suicidal thoughts!
• The vagus nerve is the longest of the 12 cranial nerves, and extends from the brainstem to the abdomen by way of multiple organs, including the heart, esophagus, and lungs.
• Also known as cranial nerve X, the vagus forms part of the involuntary nervous system and commands unconscious body procedures, such as keeping the heart rate constant and controlling food digestion.
• ¹ Dr. Michael Gershon, MD, Professor of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY, states: “Nearly every substance that helps run and control the brain has turned up in the gut.
• Major neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine, glutamate, norepinephrine and nitric oxide are there.
• Two-dozen small brain proteins, called neuropeptides, are in the gut, as are major cells of the immune system.
• Enkephalins, one class of the body’s natural opiates, are in the gut.
• And in a finding that stumps researchers, the gut is a rich source of benzodiazepines—the family of psychoactive chemicals that includes such ever-popular drugs as Valium and Xanax.”
• The critical importance of a healthy gut-brain axis is a recurring theme of Dr. Gershon—a theme also reflected by Dr. Perlmutter and Dr. Esparham.
• The importance of healthy gut microbiota and the many roles they play is clear.
• Gut microbiota also produce enzymes and antioxidants and digest otherwise nondigestible proteins to make amino acids, while detoxifying the body of toxic chemicals.
• But unless you have commensal bacteria at healthy levels and diversity, you may be at risk for short and long-term negative consequences in your gut’s biological terrain and your brain’s biochemical terrain.
• Probiotic support that is similar in nature to the resident soil-based gut microbiota may be profoundly helpful for both reestablishing and maintaining a healthy gut-brain axis, especially when supported by the associated brain nutrients utilized as part of the neurotransmitter-based axis/highway.²
• *Prescript-Assist® and *Breakfast For The Brain® effectively provide the respective microbiota, humic-fulvic substances and other nutrient complexes that help to establish, support, and maintain a healthy gut-brain axis.
• Prescript-Assist with its 28 strains of beneficial soil-based organisms (SBOs), reflects the great microbial diversity needed for the support of a healthy gut.
• Prescript-Assist also contains a clinically-tested prebiotic combination of trace minerals, integrated within a humic-fulvic complex, which serves to accelerate the growth and maintenance of a healthy GI microbiota.³
• As paraphrased from www.supremefulvic.com: the humic-fulvic substance is the sum total of all once-living organisms, plants, etc. decomposed by nature’s brilliant recycling processes, then highly refined by millions of species of beneficial soil-based organisms.
• These tiny degraded elements are refined, purified, combined and refined from once-living matter.
• Yet miraculously, when all is said and done, the end results are not inert basic ‘dead’ mineral elements.
• No, they are transformed into the world’s most complex ultra-condensed, ultra-compact molecules rolled up into tight little balls which are highly functional, supercharged biochemical and photochemical power plants, similar to storage batteries or fuel cells.
• *Prescript-Assist and Breakfast for the Brain have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
• “Ten years ago I expressed my views about Prescript-Assist (P-A) in “Antibiotics: Friend or Foe,” and it remains the most remarkable and effective product for maintaining or normalizing gut health issues that I have ever seen, while the absent incidence of contraindications.
• Regarding Breakfast for the Brain, my first experience was in early 2004, with a slow, cautious expansion in patients, based on growing experience n first addressing depressive disorder, and then other emotional disorders. Since August 2014, I have placed more than 100 patients, including women, their husbands and children, on BFTB testing against general depression, postpartum depression, anxiety attacks, menopausal hormone replacement therapy, migraines, ADD/ADHD, while effectively taking patients off of ADD/ADHD and anti-depressant drugs.
• The results in my staff and I have observed are clinically significant to the point of near-disbelief, even to my patients. After individual explorative periods (anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks) all women have requested continuation on either the capsule and/or oral nano-spray of BFTB as they are feeling great and don’t want to be without it! Ordinarily, I would hesitate to use the words life-changing, but for the vast majority, such has been the case.”
• (1) “The Emerging Field of Nutritional Mental Health: Inflammation, the Microbiome, Oxidative Stress, and Mitochondrial Function,” Clinical Psychological Science 2015, http://cpx.sagepub.com.
• (2) “Diversity of the Human Intestinal Microbial Flora”, Science, June 10, 2005. “Microbes Do Vital Work in Human Gut: Metagenomic Analysis Shows Bacteria, Archaea Perform Several Crucial Functions in Human Metabolism,” The Scientist, June 2, 2006. “Metagenomic Analysis of the Human Distal Gut Microbiome,” Science, June 2, 2006.
• (3) “Prescript- Assist Probiotic–Prebiotic Treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome,” Clinical Therapeutics, June 2005 & June 2007.
How can I be sure that I am getting a quality product?
• We are manufacturing in the facility that has certified and recognition of NSF, and an FDA registered the facility and cGMP.
• We assure you that our products are safe and manufactured in a clean environment.
• We test all of our finished product prior, during and after with Certification of Analysis and quality control to deliver a quality product to consumers.
• The bottles, cotton, and desiccant are all pharmaceutical grade.
• FDA requires all manufacturers to do the complete micro dusting and allergen test on the machine before making any new product to eliminate contamination of an allergen as well.
• Safer Medical of Montana is committed to our customers, their overall health and well-being. We are proud to offer Breakfast for the Brain and stand behind it.
• We believe Breakfast for the Brain is the best it has ever been, and we continue to strive to improve efficacy as technology advances.
• Safer Medical of Montana is dedicated to providing you with the best on the market and keep you informed of the benefits of probiotics and how they support overall health.
We follow FDA requirements
• All raw materials are third-party tested with an attached CoA (certificate of analysis).
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) Vitamin E (dl-Alpha Tocopheyl Acetate) Vitamin B-1 (Thiamine Mononitrate) Vitamin B-2 (Riboflavin 5 Phosphate) Folate (Folic Acid) Vitamin B-3 (Niacin) Vitamin B-5 (Calcium Pantothenate) Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine 5 Phosphate) Vitamin B-12 (Cyanocobalamin) Calcium (Citrate) Selenium (Amino Acid Chelate) Magnesium (Taurinate) Manganese (Amino Acid Chelate) Zinc (Picolinate) Chromium (Nicotinate) Proprietary Blend: Choline Bitartrate, I-Glutamine, l-Tyrosine 5-HTP, Gamma Amino Butaric Acid, I-Theanine, I-Arginine base, l-Isoleucine, l-Valine, Glycine, Para Amino Benzoic Acid Other Ingredients: Cellulose (vegetarian capsule), Silica
Directions of Bottle
Take 1-3 capsules daily, or as needed/ directed by your healthcare professional.
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin E (tocophersolan FG Grade), Vitamin B-1 (Thiamine Mononitrate), Vitamin B-2 (Riboflavin 5 Phosphate), Folate (Folic Acid), Vitamin B-3 (Niacin), Vitamin B-5 (Calcium Pantothenate), Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine HCl), Vitamin B-12 (Cyanocobalamin), Calcium (Citrate), Selenium (AAC), Magnesium (Taurinate), Manganese (AAC), Zinc (Picolinate), Chromium (GTF Chromium). Proprietary Blend: Glycine, l-Tyrosine, l-Leucine, l-Isoleucine, l-Valine, l-Arginine base, l-Glutamine, l-Theanine, 5-HTP, Choline (CDP), Para Amino Benzoic Acid, Gamma Amino, Butaric Acid. Other Ingredients: Deionized water, Vegetable glycerin (palm), Citric acid (natural preservative), potassium sorbate, Stevia extract (rebaudioside A) and natural flavors.
Directions of Spray
Spray 1 to 2 sprays inside of cheek once or twice per day. Hold for 20 seconds then swallow.